U P C O M I N G E V E N T S & C L A S S E S
January 2019 – Bowls for Hunger Fundraiser – We have scheduled 4 dates in January to paint bowls for the Bowls for Hunger fundraiser. If you wish to join us, please come by the gallery in December and sign up. All materials supplied. We had a fabulous and fun time last January. You paint a bowl and donate it to raise money to feed the hungry.
February 22 to March 10, 2019 – Juried Open Photography Show
Cash prizes totaling $850.00!!
Photography show judges will be photographers currently not involved with Gallery 25 and Creative Arts Studio.
Eligibility: Analog and digital photography will be accepted. Images may be edited in the darkroom or with software. No multimedia work. All images must be taken by photographer. 2D, wall-hung work only.
• Entry fee/cost per artist is $25.00 for one photograph, $5 for each additional photograph – up to 3 total. Original photography no larger than 864 square inches (roughly 26” x 36” including frame). Entry fees are non-refundable.
• All work must be framed or otherwise prepped for exhibit (no sawtooth hangers).
• All work must be for sale – 30% commission on all sales.
• Photographer agrees work is left “at the photographer’s own risk.”
• Gallery and/or judges/jurors have the right to refuse photographs for any reason. Photographs that are deemed lewd, offensive, or discriminatory will not be accepted.
• NO class work or work done under a teacher’s supervision is acceptable.
Submit artwork on Monday, Feb. 18 from 3:30 to 7:30pm. Artwork not selected must be picked up on Thurs., Feb. 21 from 5-7pm or Fri., Feb. 22 from 12-7pm.
Download the full Prospectus HERE
No classes currently scheduled.
P A S T E V E N T S & C L A S S E S
- Dec. 22, 2018 – Photos With Santa – 12 to 4PM
- Dec. 20-30, 2018 – Annual Hands-On Holiday Train Exhibit – Thurs thru Sun 12 to 5PM, Fri & Sat to 8PM
- Dec., 9, 2018 – Cookies & Cocoa – 11:00 am to 2:00 pm – Cookies and Cocoa – visit participating merchants to sample cookies or cocoa and discover the wonderful stores and restaurants New Milford has to offer! Participating stores will have a blue ball outside. Be sure to ask about holiday programs, specialties stores and restaurant favorites. You’ll want to come back throughout the holiday season!!
- Nov. 30, 2018 – Sip ‘N’ Stroll – 6 to 9PM – Gallery 25 is open from 6:00 – 9:00 pm for this annual fundraiser benefitting New Milford VNA. Ticketed participants Shop & Stroll their way through New Milford’s charming downtown shops and restaurants, sampling wine, nonalcoholic beverages and food nibbles while having the opportunity to purchase at the fine downtown shops of New Milford. Tickets may include special offers and discounts provided by the downtown merchants. available through the VNA. On the night of the stroll, check in at 19MAIN, 19 Main Street, New Milford. Shop & Stroll your way through New Milford’s charming downtown shops and restaurants, sampling wine, nonalcoholic beverages and food nibbles while having the opportunity to purchase at the fine downtown shops of New Milford. Your ticket may include special offers and discounts provided by the downtown merchants. To learn more, call: 860 354-2216.
- Nov. 24, 2018 – Poetry In The Gallery at 2:00PM – DETAILS
Nov. 24, 2018 – Small Business Saturday Wine & Cheese Reception – 5 to 8PM
- June 2018 – Plein Air Painting in conjunction with New England Watercolor Society
- May 2018 – Monotype Demonstration with Roberta Shea
- April 2018 – “Wood Into Art” Program with Linda McMillan and Sergio Villaschi and special guest artist Al Silverstri
- March 2018 – “The Painterly Portrait” with Alain J Picard
- March 2018 – Bowls for Hunger with Paula Marian, a fundraiser for Loaves and Fishes
- August 2017 – New Milford Art Walk 2017
- Nov. 2016 – Honoring These Sacred Shards, an ART Talk with Bryn Gillette
- Aug. 2016 – New Milford Art Walk 2016
- June 2016 – “It’s so Dutch!” with Bridgewater artist Tina Underwood
- May 2016 – Abby Lane Appearing at Gallery 25, New Milford
- May 2016 – Weir’d You Go? with Angi Shearstone
- May 2016 – Create Your Own Career in Art with Vince Giarrano
- March 2016 – Painting the Still Life with Adele Moros
- March 2016 – “Where is My Mind”
- Jan. 2016 – Winter Show Featured Artist: Lorraine Ryan
- Nov. 2015 – Acrylic Painting with Chuck Urban
- Nov. 2015 – “Collage-a-Day” Workshop with Karen Arp-Sandel
- Oct. 2015 – Let Go, Let It Flow: Painting with Alcohol Ink
- Oct. 2015 – Color Your World with Anne Adams
- Oct. 2015 – Watercolor Journaling with Diane Dubreuil
- Oct. 2015 – Gallery Art Talk by guest artist Karen Arp-Sandel
- Sept. 2015 – Painting the Still Life with Adele Moros
- June 2015 – Meet Author Noah Charney
- May 2015 – Let Go, Let It Flow: Painting with Alcohol Ink
- April 2015 – Brownie Scout Troop 40277 Visits Gallery 25
- April 2015 – Welcome back Dr. James Scrimgeour
- March 2015 – Watercolor Classes with Adele Moros
- March 2015 – Color Your World: Exploring Your Creativity with Anne Adams
More information about past events can be found at http://newmilfordgallery25.blogspot.com/